I absolutely loved Florence! In fact I think it was my favorite Italian City. A total of 3 to 4 days here is perfect. You can spend time exploring Florence itself, day trip to Tuscany or Cinque Terre, visit Leaning Tower of Pisa, or take a cooking class. So many options!
THINGS TO DO IN FLORENCE, ITALY:
- The Duamo Experience- You can purchase a single ticket for 15 Euros which will give you access to: Giotto’s bell tower, Brunelleschi’s Dome, the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo, the Baptistry of San Giovanni and Santa Reparata.
Tip: I suggest breaking this down into 2 days as the Bell tower and the Dome are both serious climbs! When going to the Brunelleschi’s Dome, you must have reservations due to extreme narrow space, and excessive tourist flow. I recommend making reservations for early morning.
- Accademia Gallery– This is where the Statue of David is.
- Uffizi Gallery– Prominent Museum, housing some of the most important works of the Renaissance, including works by Leonardo da Vince.
- Ponte Vecchio aka Old Bridge: There are tons of cute shops, mostly jewelry.
- Carousel at the Piazza Della Repubblica– Very lively area with great people watching. If you’re lucky you will have some live entertainers to watch.
- Tuscany Tour:
This was the only tour I went on while in Italy and was absolutely worth it! We went with a company called My Tours. This is what it included for 55 euro:
1. Self-guided tour of San Gimignano
2. Visit to a famous wine estate in Chianti Region (came with an amazing lunch as well!)
3. Guided Tour of Siena
I hope you also Fall in Love with Florence!